LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Monday confirmed that opening batters Fakhar Zaman and Saim Ayub will not be available for selection for the upcoming three-match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia due to injuries.
According to the PCB, both players are currently recovering and have been advised to continue their rehabilitation programmes under the supervision of the board’s medical panel.
The cricket board said the duo had consequently been ruled out of selection for the ODI series scheduled to begin on May 30 during Australia's tour of Pakistan.
The PCB also wished both players a speedy recovery and said further updates regarding squad selection and player fitness would be shared in due course.
Earlier, the PCB had announced that Australia would tour Pakistan later this month for a three-match ODI series.
As per the schedule, the Australian team will arrive in Islamabad on May 23 ahead of the opening ODI at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on May 30.
The second and third ODIs will be played at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium on June 2 and June 4, respectively.
All three matches are scheduled to begin at 4:30pm local time, while the toss will take place at 4pm.
The upcoming bilateral assignment will mark Australia’s first ODI tour of Pakistan since March-April 2022.
Earlier this year, Australia also visited Pakistan for a three-match T20I series in January and February, which Pakistan won 3-0 in Lahore.
The Australian side additionally featured in matches held in Pakistan during the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, including a five-wicket victory over England at Gaddafi Stadium on February 22.